Pure almond extract blends well with a host of foods and flavours, including vanilla, chocolate, caramel, apples, coconut, cherries, cream, strawberries, raisins, and more. Use pure almond extract to add the warm, mellow, nutty flavor of almonds to baked good favourites such as pies and pastries. Add it to confections, frostings, and fillings for a fabulous finishing touch.
- Add to any nut bread, banana bread, or pumpkin bread batter for added depth and character
- It complements any recipe that includes coconut
- Add a couple of drops to cherry pie filling (whether home made or canned)
- Add a drop or two to cherry yogurt and use as a fruit salad dressing
- Add a few drops to maple syrup for maple-nut flavour
- Pastries, coffeecakes, and pie crusts are ideal candidates for the addition of almond extract
- Add to dressings and marinades for lunch and dinner salads