Pure orange extract is the perfect partner to several favourites, such as vanilla, chocolate, strawberries, pineapples, and many other foods. Enhance rice, chicken, and fish dishes, even jams and marmalades. Add an orange burst to fruit pies, salad dressings, cream and custard desserts, and of course ice cream and sherbets, beverages, and pastries.
Use one teaspoon of orange extract in place of one teaspoon orange zest or 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice. Some ideas:
- Add a few drops to vanilla yogurt for a fruit salad dressing or dip for fruit
- Add a few drops to Hollandaise sauce as a flavourful topping for vegetables
- Combine equal parts of hoisin sauce and soy sauce, add a few drops of orange extract, and use as a barbecue glaze for chicken, pork, or tofu
- Add a few drops to hot chocolate or tea for a taste treat
- Add a little to raspberry jam and use to sandwich together two baked sugar cookies
- The secret ingredient to blueberry breads and muffins alike